For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (Act) / General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (EU) 2016, the data controller is Vincenzo Maurino private practice, Moorfields Private Outpatient Centre
Laser Vision Correction Surgery, 9 – 11 Bath Street, London EC1V 9LF.
- Personal Data – any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person
- Processing – any operation or set of operations which is performed on Personal Data or on sets of Personal Data
- Data subject – a natural person who’s Personal Data is being processed
- We/us – Vincenzo Maurino private practice
1. Individuals whose data we collect and process
We collect and process from a range of individuals:
- visitors to our website at www.vincenzomaurino.co.uk
- individuals who contact one of Vincenzo Maurino’s private practices directly on a referral basis or through one of our third party channels that promotes our services
You will fall into one or more of these categories of individuals.
2. Information we process about Individuals
We may collect and process the following data about our Individuals:
- information that you provide by filling in one of the forms on our site. This includes email address, your name, contact number and nature of enquiry
- if you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence
- details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data and the resources that you access
3. Information we process about our end users
In addition to the above, we process information on behalf of our end users including:
- information submitted directly;
- information collected by technology such as Google Analytics and other technology such as cookies placed on our customers’ websites (please see “IP addresses and cookies” below for more information)
4. Retention & Deletion
We retain your information while you remain an active client, unless you ask us to delete your information. If you stop being an active client we will retain your information unless you request that your details be deleted; however we will only contact you if we believe the information we intend to send to you could be of ‘legitimate interest’ to you.
If you have requested information from us, we will retain your information until you request to be removed / deleted. Subject to the exceptions described below, we delete or anonymise your information upon request.
Subject to applicable law, we may retain information after deletion:
- If there is an unresolved issue, such as an outstanding invoice on your account
- We may also retain certain information if necessary for its legitimate business interests, such as fraud prevention
- If we are required to by applicable law; and/or in aggregated and/or anonymized form
5. IP addresses, cookies and similar technologies
- We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration purposes. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual
- We do not obtain information about your general internet usage by using technology such as “cookies”, which store information on the hard drive of your computer
- To find out more about cookies, including how to control and disable them, please visit www.allaboutcookies.org
- You may refuse to accept some technologies such as cookies by activating settings on your browser which allows you to refuse the setting of these technologies. If you do not activate these settings on your browser then you will be taken to have consented to the use of these technologies
- We use Google Analytics on our site. This type of technologies also allows Google to also access your information; we have no control over how your information is processed by Google
Third party services that we use on our site that may set cookies include:
- Google Analytics
6. Security and Control of Data
- Please note that the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures in order to reduce the risk of unauthorised access
7. How we use your information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you
- to provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us
- to notify you about changes to our service
- If you are an existing Customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail) with information about services that we offer
- We do not disclose personal information about individuals to advertisers or sell your information to any other organisation for marketing purposes
8. Sharing your information
We may disclose your personal information to third parties if:
- we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Vincenzo Maurino private practice, our customers, or others.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by contacting us at email@example.com.
9. Links to other sites
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
10. Accessing your Information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. You can find out if we hold any personal information about you by making a “data subject access request” under GDPR 2016. If we do hold information about you we will:
- give you a description of it
- tell you why we are holding it
- tell you who it could be disclosed to
- let you have a copy
- Any formal subject access request should be made in writing to the address below. This will be provided free of charge. However we may charge a reasonable fee for repetitive, unfounded, or excessive requests or additional copies
11. How can you Update or Change your Information?
- If at any time you wish to change your information, you can contact us, providing the updated information
- If you wish to opt-out of email notifications and communications you can contact us and we will ensure you do not receive any more communications
12. Data Subject Rights
- Right to rectification – the right to request the controller rectify inaccurate personal data
- Right to object – the right to object to processing based on either public interests or legitimate interests. Processing must stop, unless the controller demonstrates compelling grounds for continuing the processing or that the processing is necessary in connection with the controller’s legal rights
- Right to object to Direct Marketing
- Right to be forgotten – the right to have the controller erase personal data without undue delay. Contingent on the occurrence of one of the following:
- The data is no longer necessary
- The data subject withdraws consent (and consent is the legal basis for processing)
- Controller has no overriding grounds for continuing processing against the objectification
- Processing was unlawful
- Erasure is necessary with EU or national law
- Right to Restrict Processing – the right to have the controller restrict processing if:
- The accuracy of the data is contested
- Processing is unlawful
- The controller no longer needs the data for its original purpose, but needs it for legal purposes
- Erasure is pending
- Right of Data Portability – the right to receive a copy of your data in a commonly used machine-readable format for transfer to another controller. This will either be in .xls or .csv format.
Our web site vincenzomaurino.co.uk and Vincenzo Maurino Limited
Whilst we take pride in compiling the most accurate information and to keep it up to date, we cannot guarantee its correctness and completeness fully.
As far as is reasonably possible, Vincenzo Maurino Limited will ensure that information provided on this website is accurate. However, we cannot accept any liability whatsoever for omission or error. Equally, as we regularly virus check materials, we cannot accept any responsibility for any disruption or damage that may occur during use of this website. The information provided in our website and the downloadable material is designed for general information and is not a substitute for, professional healthcare advice by a qualified consultant ophthalmic surgeon, which will be tailored to a patient’s individual and specific circumstances. Vincenzo Maurino and Vincenzo Maurino Limited cannot take responsibility if you rely solely on the information of this website, nor will they be liable to any person for any loss or damage that may arise from the use of any of the information available in this website and its downloadable materials.
Users of this site may not print, download or in any manner copy images or text from the site, except for personal use, without permission from Vincenzo Maurino private practice.